5 STEPS TO // Weeding Out Toxic Friendships.


  It's 2016! It's a new year, a new you, as they all say. It's that time where almost everyone chooses to reinvent and/or work on themselves, in pursuit of a more fulfilled living. Of course, it's undoubtedly favourable to focus on self-improvement. Most things in life boil down to the essence of you as a person. By being your own functional person, your aspirations are more readily attainable. With the new year, you patently analyse what you've done - and how you do things better. Often we find that we harbour bad habits that are hard to kick, or we don't do enough to achieve our desired state of living.

  But what if it's not you that's holding yourself back? What if it's (dare I say it) other people?
  A colossal move for me in the year 2015 was letting go - which, goes without saying, meant certain friendships, too. And with good reason, it was for my sake. I had learnt: Relations with others are worth holding onto until you have to compromise yourself, despite having sought mutual resolution. Leaving a friendship or relationship does not define you, or rather imply a sense of carelessness. That's what many people forget. They forget to realise relationships are more influential than they appear to be. They forget to look out for themselves. Therefore, ongoing toxic friendships beget day-to-day ambivalence. By allowing these to continue, you expose yourself to negativity that you really don't need in your life.

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

No comments:

Post a Comment

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.