Musical Muses #4 // Friday fever.


  It's Friday and I can finally unwind. It's one of the things I look forward to most throughout the week. Self-diagnosed or not, it's indisputable that I have Friday fever - and it calls for downright groovy tunes. I won't settle for less. These couple of tracks are ones I've loyally had on replay. They coincidentally seem to match the irrepressible nature of my swift, adolescent emotions. Anywho, I have just the fix for all you electronic disco enthusiasts out there. So search no more, my friends.




  Congratulations! Your feverish disco dream has just been fulfilled - or just mine, at least. And now I have a confession: Another reason I've been compelled to share music is because it's my wild card. By channelling all my emotions into a playlist, I bear the fruits of my labour and somehow feel more steadfast. How cynical of me, as you may think. But really, you should try it; it's therapeutic in my book. In the past 24 hours, I've been on the threshold of tears to utmost glee, and experiencing manic bouts of uncontrollable vigour. (I'll blame hormones for getting the better of me. Darn it hormones.)

  'Think for yourself. You have to be willing to cut against the grain and get the distance from your peer groups. And not only that, but you have to have a habitual vision of greatness.' - Olympic Ayres

  Coming right back to these songs, however, have steered me right on track for the weekend. So my advice is to keep good music close at all times.

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

16 comments:

  1. HELL YEAH, I JAMMED TOO HARD TO THESE! THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank YOU Jacqueline! That's exactly what I like to hear x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet picks! Have you ever listened to Destroyer? Some of their tunes are disco-esque, and I love them a lot.

    http://navigating-fairyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you've mentioned them, they'll be dominating my Spotify :) Any song recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude do you make playlists on spotify? You'd be hella rad x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure do! Thanks girl, just look up my full name on there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. guess who just got a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got unreasonably excited when I saw you had put up a new music post :3
    Thank you Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My music taste is flattered, Meg xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your advice is sound. These past few days while I have been studying for exams I have been listening to a different musical each day (today is Wicked) and it is very addictive. It's funny how sometimes you just get in the mood for a certain type of music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's indeed funny, but hey, let's not question it ;)
    Also, good luck for all your exams Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Suicide Demo For Kara Walker" for sure, as well as "Blue Eyes." Actually anything from their "Kaputt" album. They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very composed stuff. I like it, in fact. Thanks Maggie! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Electronic disco music makes me happy inside. Like, legitimately. It's so weird...but hey, at least I'm not alone! Another great post...as always!


    thesarcasticwasian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. A true fact for the entire human race, I believe. Thanks doll x

    ReplyDelete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.