Shuffle.


  Do you ever feel so compelled to break free from the norm?

  By norm, I don't intend to refer to what is the norm. I specifically mean the norm itself. The steadfast flow of life. The rhythm of our heartbeatsThe routine we all seamlessly fall into.
  Now don't get me wrong - routine can be rather beneficial in our lives. It holds it together, providing a solid foundation to rely on. Sometimes we need that sense of comfort, to remind us of our priorities and what needs to be done. By having this day-to-day pattern to keep us busy, we are mostly granted the accomplishment we cease to feel when idle. Routine can provide direction and organization, yet it can also have the exact adverse effect. I'm talking a monotonous routine, one that fails to exercise our worth. It can restrict our creativity and uppermost state of mind, and perhaps coerce us into believing that ordinary is all we'll ever be.

  But I'm here to remind you otherwise. You, my friend, are much more capable beyond the boundaries of routine. You can do anything you set your mind to. If you were to think me as naive and unrealistic, so be it. You must understand though, that the purest form of freedom lies within ourselves. 

  See, I refuse to mindlessly succumb to routine. I will not, I repeat, I will not slave away to a life of plain inadequacy. I simply won't allow it. And you shouldn't either. So I hope each one of you, if subjected to the draining rituals of routine, will break free and realise there is a world waiting right outside your doorstep.


YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

7 comments:

  1. Love this post. I don't tend to do anything outside of my comfort zone, not sure why but I've always been this way. It's really difficult to break out of it even when you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, yes. This was a sweet post, but I don't think I could live without routine. I need routine otherwise my anxiety levels increase dramatically, haha.


    http://naturallyjes.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You, my friend, are much more capable beyond the boundaries of routine. You can do anything you set your mind to" yes yes yes Rachel! This is magic! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It means a lot for you to have commented. I hope I didn't sound like I was condemning the idea of 'routine' - I'm all for it at times, but breaking it occasionally can provide relief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's all fine and well! I understand your anxiety, and whatever helps with that is my guest. To each their own, as they say. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You summed it up nicely! Much better than I, I think. That's why I look up to you so much - you always know what to say and what to do. x

    ReplyDelete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.