Crystal.


  Have you ever stumbled across something so welcomingly rare, in the most unexpected of times? Without reason or rhyme, you come across it and wonder if you're dreaming. You've hit the jackpot; it's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, even. It could be anything you deem it to be; perhaps an obscure band, lucky bargain, a newfound bond with someone, or a miraculous spot of scenery. That, my friends, is what I like to call a hidden gem.
  I encourage you to embrace it with open arms. You are possibly the only one who has uncovered its worth - that, you are well aware of. Of course, it leaves you utterly and irrevocably captivated. It's something (or someone) that the typical human being would overlook at first glance, yet you find yourself fixated upon it. It's now a piece of you, and you carry it everywhere you go. That's all a part of the beauty that lies within, don't you think? That's the most exhilarating feeling of all, especially when things take a turn in your favour. Though, do note that it needs to be handled with care. 

  So, do tell me. What's your hidden gem?

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. I don't think I've found anything yet. Or maybe I just have too many...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so beautifully written!


    http://naturallyjes.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thoughtfully written Rachel! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. per usual, a beautifully written post that makes me stop and think. I like to think of the hidden landscapes of my hometowns as my own secret gem, but what is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The latter is most likely. :) Especially all those lovely places you have documented, I cannot get over how insanely charming they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers, for the constant kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And thank you, for being thoughtful Seryna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to know I'm doing my job, haha. I have to nod in approval there, the nature in your hometown is too captivating for words.
    My hidden gems, as of now, would have to be the new bands I find. I'm eager to share more of them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do love you Rachel!
    I think my hidden gems are people who surprise me with how complex they are and how great they are. There are a lot of good people out there :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what you mean! Unfortunately, they're hard to come by at this age.

    ReplyDelete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.