After dark.

  I come alive after dark. I come alive once the constant crunch of leaves drown my ears. I come alive under the affectionate gaze of the stars, who gleam upon me and smile at my very existence. I come alive as I lay upon the velvet drive, whilst the cold consumes me whole. I come alive when the drizzle forces me to vivaciously run for cover, and only the street lights pave the way. I come alive when I'm trying to retrieve my breath. I come alive as I'm laughing my absolute head off, at the most virtually insignificant things.

  I come alive every time I'm with you.

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

6 comments:

  1. All of your posts are so beautifully poetic... I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was absolutely beautiful! Your blog is lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such a hard time capturing the sky, it's so beautiful, one of the most beautiful things when it's covered in stars and the mood in lighting up the night. I remember one time I was with good friends and we lay on the grass out in the bush listening to music and I tried to capture the sky the way I could see it but nothing could compete with how beautiful it is with the naked eye. I guess, I come alive after dark too. :)
    Love you Rachel :) x


    meganbethkernaghan.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.