Walking on a dream.

  Another excellent day. (There were innumerable photos accumulated throughout the entire day, but these are just a few to sum it up.) Got ready at Yuxian's place before heading out on our trip. The bus ride was basically near an hour-long discussion of how life has been lately. (I've gotten closer to Yuxian since the start of the year, hurray for that!) Together, we marvelled at a ridiculously talented piano player at the markets and trotted around in search of a snack. An abundance of vintage stores had us filing in and out, browsing in awe at handmade clothes and trinkets they carried. Prior to that, we met up with Amanda, Daniel, Lynn and her friend. I managed to snag myself the first Foster The People album, a deluxe edition at that!
  Our group became united as Julia, Mariel and Julian joined us. We had a benevolent meal of fish and chips, right beside the fishing boat harbour. A light-hearted atmosphere all around, thanks to such pleasurable scenery and fantastic weather. We goofed around along the coastline, and by unknowingly doing so, our whole group of people merged into one. We took our shoes off and made a beeline for the beach. By that point in time, I didn't care if I wasn't practically dressed or anything trivial like that. We senselessly capered about, carefree but happy. I couldn't stop laughing the whole time we were frolicking to and fro, and poking fun at our situation. That was when things really started getting fun.
  The nine of us daringly attempted to place our bare feet beneath the streets, every step of the way. In our defence, the ground was comparable to a furnace thanks to the ever-shining sun. Eventually, we found our way to our destination. It's this charming café that Yuxian and I were motivated to try. Imagine our excitement upon spotting it, and us remaining dazed at the darling decor. It was incredibly unique, in my opinion, for it to be located next to a small art gallery. We ordered rose iced tea, homemade lemonade and a brownie to share. But wow, I was really taken aback by their brownie. It was the right, precise combination of chocolate and everything else in between. I'm definitely going back there; the ambience is perfect, and their food leaves me wanting more.
  After afternoon tea, we took advantage of the gorgeous earthly setting by snapping away. The staff was kind enough to turn a blind eye towards our mischievous photography opportunities. Once we were done, we played around in the vast field of colossal pine trees. I never got what the definition of 'playing' exactly was, but we sure did it alright. The realisation of school tomorrow and other responsibilities kicked in, and we found our way back to reality. But I think it's safe to say we all went home, immensely satisfied with our time altogether. 

 'We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it, always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it. On and on and on we are calling out and out again. Never looking down; I'm just in awe of what's in front of me.' - Empire of the Sun

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

15 comments:

  1. Oh my, it sounds as though you had a fantastic day ineed. :) I love it.

    Jes | Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you are right. So did I! :)

      Delete
  2. You always go to such cool places (and take such beautiful pictures)! Might I ask, where was this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! And if you don't mind, I'd rather not disclose the location on here. Do you have any social media I can message you on?

      Delete
  3. your posts make me genuinely happy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds and looks genuinely brilliant. Larger group outings are pretty fun, though I never get around doing it since everyone is always "busy"...including me of course. Really like your top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Looks like you had a great time :) I want Summer in the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a dreamy day ^.^

    - kennedi
    // myfavoritecolorisshiny.blogspot.com //

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! You have such a refreshing aura <3

    POLYDEUX

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this looks great! i want to go to the beach! to bad it snowed today. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a ton of fun! & I always love your photos!! <3

    Btw, I replied to your comment (on my post, The Big Things) on whether I could give some advice on eliminating meat from your diet. I just wanted to make sure that you see it, just in case you haven't. :)

    lots of love, Dana Carmella
    Bloglovin' & Blog: Pretty Odd ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Foster the people! and you look more and more like a social butterfly everyday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is so perfectly titled, it looks like you had such a lovely time. Beautiful days with friends are always my favourite :) xo

    ReplyDelete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.