Time and place.


  Have you ever just stopped in your tracks and thought, 'Wow, here I am and this is now.' I suppose that's what the true effect of this song had on me. Heck, that's the effect life has had on me recently. The circumstances I'm currently placed in now would be deemed unexpected and unlikely by past Rachel. Nonetheless, I am so goddamn happy. Who would've thought I'd be the best of friends with certain people? Who would've thought that day-by-day, I'd be having the time of my life? It's all thanks to the quirks of life. If I'd never have taken the chances or thrown myself into the moment, I'd never be where I am now. But right now, I am completely fine with everything.

  I have been reflecting a lot on events since 2014 started. (It's been a year of spontaneity, and reflection, haha.) It's been all been too good to be true - I mean, of course there are cracks and faults along the way but there are so many things to be thankful for. Adventures with new people, little things, everyday privileges, eating well and heathy have all been a part of the wonderful experience thus far. Just actually going out and living my life is absolutely brilliant. I can't ask for more.

  Oh, and quite a while ago I indulged in a movie marathon. One movie I especially adored was About Time, a classic, charming movie about time travel. Its life lessons are incredibly valuable, and something I can definitely relate to. So let me tell you: Make the most of your time, anywhere you are. Time is inconceivably passing, and one second could mean changing the course of your fate. And with that, I leave you with food for thought . . .

  'I just try to live every day as if I've deliberately come back to this one day, to enjoy it, as if it was the full final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life. We're all traveling through time together, every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable ride.' - Tim Lake (About Time)

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SPOTIFY // YOUTUBE

13 comments:

  1. It's so nice to hear you're happy and positive! I'm also going to watch that movie when I have free time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea, let me know how ya like it :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Of course, you've made 2014 worth it x

      Delete
  3. This post sounds really positive and I feel kind of the same. If I didn't take the risks that I had, I definitely wouldn't be where I am right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how glad I am to hear that Mai. :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous post. It really provoked some thoughts despite my sun-bleached brain.

    Taking a break from Instagram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually spontaneously deleted it - oops. I'll talk to you on Skype!

      Delete
  5. This made me smile so much, for a few different reasons.
    1. I am now listening to Last Dinosaurs <3
    2. I try to do that as much as possible, especially when I am out living my life, I try to stop and be like woah, this is amazing and I am so grateful to be alive. It is the best feeling.
    3. About Time is such a good movie! I have watched it a few too many time and I think I might put that quote on my wall of something :))
    4. I am very happy that you are happy in your life and I hope that things only get better and better for you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you are goddamn happy, Rachel. Haha. Continue being optimistic and thankful for many things. Also, About Time is a wonderful movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adored About Time and their soundtrack (the piano parts especially!) Happy week to you Rachel! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really inspired to do a post like this now! Love your writing!

    POLYDEUX

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to hear those positive things!! I don't know the movie About Time, shame on me?

    ReplyDelete

LUCID STARS 2011-2014. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.