Musical Muses #1 // AM covers, new music and My Mad Fat Diary.


  I am avidly anticipating new music - especially since it's from a few of my favourite bands. (Looks like the symptoms of Phoenix's post-concert depression of are still present.) The idea of fresh tunes compiled by humans I deem as lyrical/musical geniuses is thrilling, I'll tell you that. Without further ado, here's what I've been deliriously obsessed with:


  Arctic Monkeys put their own spin on Drake's single, Hold On We're Going Home. I think both the original and cover can't be compared, but I'm more inclined to the uniqueness of Alex Turner's soulful voice (as always). Plus, it's quite fitting for the current circumstances I'm in. (Side note: A fortnight to go before I head home, back to Australia. The excitement is actually surreal; I've been madly missing everyone back there.)



  Bombay Bicycle Club releases their new album So Long, See You Tomorrow in early February! I've already heard Carry Me and Luna, and boy I'm excited. Just when you thought Bombay Bicycle Club couldn't get any better, they come right out and utterly smash that theory. Argh, the wait is unreal. However, I am willing to practise patience for the sake of this hefty reward.


   Foster The People has been announcing updates regarding their upcoming album, Supermodel! It's set to be released on 18th March, if I'm not wrong. In the meantime, there's a sneak peek out titled Coming of Age. (Do check out the mural time-lapse video that accompanies the track.) I'm super pumped for this, as well.


  But wait, there's even more good news. One of my favourite TV series, My Mad Fat Diary, is returning with Season 2 next month. Ever since Louise featured it in a post, I've deemed it to be one of the dreamiest TV shows I've ever watched, coupled by very real characters. Not to mention, the era it's set in proves to be an intangible fantasy. I don't think I'll be able to function regularly after getting back into the series. (Take my word for it.)

  Seriously though, how great are things going for 2014? At least the presence of new music/TV episodes will keep me occupied, when I go back to the monotonous routine of school. On the other hand, what are you excited for?

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN // GFC // INSTAGRAM // SOUNDCLOUD // SPOTIFY

9 comments:

  1. i loved the LUNA video! i synchronize swim competitively and have been doing so for almost nine years already. it was so nice to see it turned into such a beautiful video:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had no idea, that is so cool! You learn something new every day. :) And yessss, I thought it was an elegant visual accompaniment to the song. No wonder you emit such finesse.

      Delete
  2. omgomgomgomgogmogmgomgogmogmgogogoemgompmqfikngp[ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, now I'm trying this commenting thing serious. I had NO idea that My Mad Fat Diary would return? I'm very curious though, how they will make it as good as the last one. It does look a bit... I don't know, "oh no we're going to college, oh no, everything will go wrong-but it will look funny" kind of thing we've seen numerous times before. But I still have high hopes and am very excited!

      Also, wut the wut! I am so looking forward to BBC's new album. They do sound a lot like before, but I think the album won't disappoint.

      Have a safe trip home!!

      Delete
    2. Oh Louise, you have made me chuckle early in the morning. :') And neither, until one day it popped up on my Facebook newsfeed - also in Erin's post - and I had exactly the same reaction as you. I thought about that too, but I'm very interested to see how she will cope in a school environment because it's never been seen before. I'm thrilled as much as you are; I reckon it will live up to its expectations. :)
      And ahhh yessss! I had no idea you liked them too. I've always had an affinity with Jack Steadman's vocals. We shall have to wait and see then. Thanks for the kind comment as always!

      Delete
  3. MY MAD FAT DIARY!! Not too much longer until it's back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you eagerly counting down the days? 'Cause I sure am. :)

      Delete
  4. I love to discover some music I didn't know they exist. Lovely music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm sure your taste is splendid anyway x

      Delete

A huge shoutout to my readers who acknowledge my efforts, and continue to spur me on. I can't thank you enough! The words I receive in turn are so heartwarming. To have come so far from a homemade blog back in 2011, to know that I have reached out to others - it fills me with mirth; say, a cause for my existence. I hope you enjoy paging through this blog, as much as I find repose from pouring myself into it. And don't be shy, I'd really like to hear from you!
Follow

© LUCID STARS 2016. All content rightfully belongs to me unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger. Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC.